Enter the Twitterverse

Everyone is picking on me!!!!  Today I admitted to being a fan and now an active Twitterer. People keep asking me if I am following Ashton Kuttcherr and Ellen Degenerous … obviously not!!! I can’t even spell their names let alone find them!

I first encountered Twitter last May while I was on the Apple Bus Tour .  When visiting Point England School the eLearning Facilitator, Dorothy Burt, mentioned that she Twittered.  I of course, being thoroughly amped with the tour, joined straight away … now what? I didn’t know who, what or where to follow.  I couldn’t even understand half the text language being used???

Thankfully I have now had some timely advice from a few ePals and have gathered together several worthwhile people to follow (is there a name for for that? followees? peeps? friends? the stalked?)

The trouble is that now I need to find out how to keep up!  There seems to be some kind of snow-ball effect happening; in the last 12 hours I found 17 people to follow, and I am now being followed by 10 more people than yesterday.  From these Tweets, I have discovered 8 more blogs to follow and 1 more Ning network, not to mention all my eGeeky friends I IM in the evenings, my constantly growing Skype list and the Bebo I never visit.  Do I need a Facebook too?  Now if my powers of mathematical ability are correct I will be communicating with about six billion and five more people then I can cope with.

Help!!!

Please tell me … how do I keep up without being biologically wired to my MacBook??!!

Published by

marama28

A New Zealand Principal, living in Taneatua. Where's that you say? Just Google IT!

One thought on “Enter the Twitterverse”

1. RSS! Use it as much as you can – set up your rss reader with feeds to pull in changes from all those other places – your Twitter friends feed, comments feeds as well as blog post feeds so you don’t have to keep going back to check on a conversation, Delicious subscriptions, Facebook friends feed etc. Organise/priotise those feeds in your reader. Then don’t feel bad if sometimes you just have to hit “Mark all as read” 🙂